Aquatic Exercise in Rehabilitation
The JCC’s Aquatic Rehabilitation Specialist provides additional/supplemental rehabilitation exercises for participants who are currently or have previously participated in a physical therapy program. Water exercise is perfect for improving flexibility, balance, range of motion, strength, and endurance.
Aquatic Exercise in Rehabilitation is an effective form of additional treatment for a variety of medical conditions focusing on shoulder, spine, hip, knee, and ankle conditions.
Our facility features handicap-accessible family locker rooms, a sloped pool entry, water accessible wheel chair, and a portable chair lift for those who are unable to enter the pool on their own. Our pool temperature is maintained at a comfortable 84-86 degrees Fahrenheit and a certified Lifeguard is always on duty.
Benefits of Aquatic Exercise in Rehabilitation:
- Personal assessment and program tailored to meet your individual needs
- Improves mobility and strength after injury, surgery, or physical therapy programs
- Buoyancy of the water supports the patients weight and assists in providing balance to reduce risk of falling or injury
- Resistance of water provides a safe environment for addressing strength and balance
- Water reduces joint impact
Holiday Aquatic Rehabilitation Packages:
- 3 forty five minute (45) sessions for $99
- Maximum purchase of 4 packages
- Good November 19- December 28, 2012
- 18 forty-five (45) minute sessions for $575
- Good December 1 – 31, 2012
After successfully completing Aquatic Rehabilitation, consider using Aquatic Personal Training or our Corrective Exercise Program in the Fitness Center. (please link to aquatic personal training and another link to corrective exercise).
This is not a physical therapy program. This requires a signed letter from your doctor or physical therapist.