Aquatic Exercise in Rehabilitation
The JCC’s Aquatic Rehabilitation Specialist provides additional/supplemental rehabilitation exercises for participants who are currently or have previously participated in a physical therapy program. Water exercise is perfect for improving flexibility, balance, range of motion, strength, and endurance.
Aquatic Exercise in Rehabilitation is an effective form of additional treatment for a variety of medical conditions focusing on shoulder, spine, hip, knee, and ankle conditions.
Our facility features handicap-accessible family locker rooms, a sloped pool entry, water accessible wheel chair, and a portable chair lift for those who are unable to enter the pool on their own. Our pool temperature is maintained at a comfortable 84-86 degrees Fahrenheit and a certified Lifeguard is always on duty.
Benefits of Aquatic Exercise in Rehabilitation:
- Personal assessment and program tailored to meet your individual needs
- Improves mobility and strength after injury, surgery, or physical therapy programs
- Buoyancy of the water supports the patients weight and assists in providing balance to reduce risk of falling or injury
- Resistance of water provides a safe environment for addressing strength and balance
- Water reduces joint impact
Aquatic Rehabilitation Packages:
This is not a physical therapy program. This requires a signed letter from your doctor or physical therapist.