The day has finally come and we are reopening your JCC this Monday, May 18th. We are extremely glad to invite you back. I hope you have remained well during this time.
Initially we will operate on a limited basis with specific protocols in place to make this opportunity as safe and smooth as possible for all of you. Your health and safety are a main concern.
The protocol sheet explains what practices we are putting in place to maintain proper social distancing and to make it easier to sanitize spaces and equipment. As we gain more experience, we will gradually increase the number of members in the Center at any one time.
For the next several weeks the major change in our practice is that only 18 members will be admitted into the facility at a time. You will need to call one day ahead and reserve a 55-minute time slot. We ask that you only call one day at a time so that all members have the opportunity to use the facility.
All of these specific practices and more are included in the Protocol document that is attached.
You will need to fill out and bring with you a liability waiver and medical questionnaire form. It is also attached. We also have copies here for you to take home and bring back with you on future visits. If you do not bring a filled-out form with you, you can fill one out here, but it will delay you from starting your workout by a few minutes. Based on your answers, we may need to ask you about any recent travel, exposure or your state of health.
We will take your temperature when you scan in, however, if you have a fever, a persistent cough, or symptoms of illness, please schedule your visit for another day.
Some things that will be different while we are in this reopening phase: Our operating hours are modified including setting aside 9 to noon for those 60 and over during the week. Mon – Friday we will open at 6 AM. Monday -Thurs, we will close at 8 PM. Friday we will close at 6PM. Sat -Sun will be normal hours with no senior set aside. This is also included in the protocols.
- Please bring a face covering. A covering needs to worn at all times.
- Please bring your own towel if you use one while working out. Currently we will not provide towels.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Our fruited water will not be available.
- Please bring your membership card. We will still be scanning, but you will keep your card with you.
- Please only bring a minimum of belongings with you. You will need to keep them with you. Lockers are not available.
- If you leave your keys with us, they will go in a special bin and you can retrieve when you leave. We will be spraying them with sanitizer since they will be mixed with other keys.
- The locker rooms will not be available at this time. Please be prepared to shower at home.
- When waiting for your entry time, please remain outside the building or in your vehicle.
- When you have finished your workout, please exit the JCC. (we look forward to socializing in the future)
- Doors to the front and restrooms will be propped open to reduce unnecessary touching of surfaces.
- When using the restroom, you may wish to use the seat covers that are available.
- The facilities available during this time are the main fitness room, the mezzanine fitness area, and the walking track. We ask that only four people are on the track at any one time.
- When wiping off equipment you will be using wipes and maybe sprays that are effective to use for the COVID virus.
As mentioned above, as we move forward, we will assess the allowed number of members in the facility, the variety of activities and available spaces that can be used. We know this is may seem like a lot to ask. All of this is with your health and safety in mind.
Again, we are pleased to have you back at the JCC and please let us help you through this maze as we begin to return to being together in public spaces.
With warmest regards,
Barry Abels, Executive Director