Where do I register for camp?
Summer Camp: app.campdoc.com/register/kahnjcc/summercamp
Spring Break Camp: app.campdoc.com/register/kahnjcc/springbreak
What should my camper bring to camp?
- Clearly marked bag or backpack with all of your personal items marked.
- Water bottle.
- Camp shirts Monday and Friday.
- Comets may wear bathing suits under clothes every day except Wednesday.
- Only well-marked toys from home for AM/PM use only.
- Insulated lunch bag with a cold pack. But no pork, shellfish, or food that needs to be heated.
- AM and PM snacks provided, but bring additional snacks if needed.
- If you wear sneakers, bring flip flops.
- Swim pants for Starbursts 3 years old and younger.
- A full change of clothes, towel, extra bathing suit for free swim, comb/brush, sunscreen, plastic bag for wet clothes, and swim goggles.
- In addition, Starbursts need several changes of clothes, Pull-Ups or diapers, swim diapers, a blanket and “lovie” if needed for nap time. You can leave all extras at camp and replenish throughout the week.
What should my camper NOT bring to camp?
Campers should not bring electronics or cell phones to camp.
What if I want to purchase an additional t-shirt?
Camp T-shirts can be purchased at the check-in desk.
What if I am running late to pick up my camper OR if I want to pick up my child early?
Please call the JCC or the Director for special pick up or drop off instructions. An additional fee may be included for lat pick up.
What is the counselor’s lunch foundation?
Our counselors work hard throughout the day. Camp Gesher invites parents and sponsors to contribute to the lunch fund, so they can enjoy a weekly pizza lunch. Counselors also welcome snack food and treats for the staff lounge. Thank you for supporting our staff!
Will my camper swim every day?
Campers will receive daily swim lessons every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. An optional Free Swim elective will be offered Monday- Thursday.
What electives are available?
At Camp Gesher, we pride ourselves on providing choice elective options that interest our campers! Electives are subject to change based on requests, but we offer a wide variety of choices for all campers including dance, free swim, arts, crafts, drama, games, cheerleading, debate, reading, structured gym games, basketball, Four Square, tennis, Spa, creative writing, Gaga, and academic assistance.
Should I bring lunch and snacks?
Campers bring lunch from home. Please pack an insulated lunch bag with a cold pack. But no pork, shellfish, or food that needs to be heated.
Camp Gesher will provide daily snacks.
What is Camp Gesher’s tax ID number?
Where do I drop off and pick up each day?
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures:
- Do not leave unattended children in the car.
- Park in front of the building while bringing your child or picking up, but please don’t block the handicapped access or other cars.
- In the morning, walk your child to the Gesher Zone between 7:30-9:00 (based on your registration) to check-in and get armbands, place bag in or on cubby, and put lunches in the marked buckets. Starburst lunches go in Room C.
- Pick up campers in the Gesher Zone. Remember to take home art projects, backpacks, lunch boxes, and be sure to check the Lost and Found.
- Parents or caregivers will need an ID.
- Late pick up is after 5:45. Please text or call if you will be late. Late charges apply.
What is the refund policy?
Camp fees are determined each year and are subject to change yearly. Sessions MUST be paid in full at the time of registration.
No refund for partial sessions will be given. You must sign up for the session dates as determined by JCC Camp Gesher. You cannot mix sessions, i.e. coming 2 days of one week and 3 days of a second.
If you should need to cancel, add, or change choices of a session, notice must be given to the JCC Camp Gesher Registrar three weeks prior to the start of the session. No changes will be accepted after a session has begun. No refunds will be given for any session after this time. No refund will be honored if notice is not received by the deadline stated. Sessions have limited space available and changes or additions will only be made based on availability. There will be a $25 processing fee for cancellations and a $25 processing fee for date changes.
If a camper is going to be absent for any reason, you are expected to notify the camp office. If a camper is absent for two days and no call is received, every attempt will be made to contact the parent/guardian to find out why the camper is absent. You are responsible for fees regardless of a camper’s attendance.
I understand that if my child is not picked up by the chosen time each camp day, a fee of $10 for every 15 minute increment he/she remains in the care of Camp Gesher staff will be charged to the credit card I have provided. Similarly, I understand that if my child is dropped off before the chosen camp time each day, my card on file will be charged for the difference in time.