Why seek a personal trainer?
- To improve your overall health and wellness
- To prevent injury while you execute the exercise with correct form
- To make yourself accountable andn meet your goals
- Weight loss
- To get out of the OLD routine and putn variety in your workouts
- Improve stability and balance
- Improve core strength
Our trainers are nationally certified and continue to expand their knowledge with further specialized certifications. They are available and ready to improve your overall health and guide you to a healthy lifestyle.
Robin Rudman, Sports & Fitness Director
Robin is a life-long athlete, avid runner & paddleboarder. In 2009, Robin embraced the opportunity do what she loves- make a career in the health & fitness industry. Robin has obtained the following nationally recognized certifications:
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) – Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) – Corrective Exercise Specialist
- ACE (American Council on Exercise) – Group Fitness Instructor
- TRX – Certified Suspension Trainer and Rip Trainer Instructor
- Rock Tape Medical Professional – Certified for Taping & Blading
- Health Directions – Group Fitness Instructor
- American Red Cross CPR & AED
- American Red Cross First Aid
Robin has run the Boston Marathon twice as well as both New York & Chicago Marathons. She has run many 5K, 10K, and half marathon distance races. She has done 4 Ironman triathlons as well as many shorter distance triathlons. Robin has taught TRX Team Camp, Cycling and Strength classes. She enjoys helping others improve their fitness and live stronger, healthier lives. Robin’s experiences make her uniquely qualified to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Robby Lewis, Sports Coordinator
Robby has been a Certified Emergency Medical Technician for 7 years. Pairing his passion for helping with his enjoyment of exercise, he obtained his Personal Training Certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Robby is also a Level 1 Crossfit Coach, and Certified Rock Tape Medical Professional. With these certifications under his belt he has as broad understanding of the body, corrective exercise and human movement as a whole.
As our Adult & Youth Sports Coordinator, Robby coordinates with volunteers, parents and outside organizations to help insure all who participate in our leagues or club sports enjoy their experience.
- Certified NASM CPT
- L1 Crossfit Coach
- Rock Tape Medical Professional
- Certified EMT
Leah is a personal trainer & healthy lifestyle coach by day and competitive athlete by night. She understands how important it is to stay mindful and healthy in all aspects of your life and lifestyle! Her philosophy is that our minds and bodies are priceless and tend to be extremely under- appreciated within each of our days/ weeks/ months. She focuses on developing the brain and body in order to simultaneously bridge the gaps between age, time, and even injury.
Since 2012, her focus as a personal trainer has been health and recovery after injury and surgery. For the past 4 years she has worked with cancer survivors through the LiveSTRONG program. This program focuses on encouraging and developing long term plans for recovery and remission.
Leah is also teaches Chair Aerobics, Stretching for Health, and HIIT classes.
- National Certifications include:
- AFFA Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross CPT/AED/First Aid
- HEALTHWAYS Silver Sneakers
- LiveSTRONG FOUNDATION
Jacci has been in the fitness and wellness industry for over 15 years instructing and motivating others in the water and as a group fitness instructor. A master degree in Rehabilitation Counseling and an undergraduate degree in Physical Education from KentStateUniversityhave allowed her to share her experience with others. Dealing with her own personal injuries and chronic pain she obtained several certifications such as:
- IFTA (Interactive Fitness Trainers of America) Yoga, Aqua certification
- RYT-200 (this stands for Registered Yoga Therapist – 200 hours of study)
- 1st & 2nd degree Reiki Training
- IFTA (Interactive Fitness Trainers of America) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR and AED
- Biofeedback & relaxation training
The latest yoga certifications have taught her the benefits on how it can change your life. She recently became a personal trainer to allow her to work one on one with others to improve fitness and function with less pain.
Stephen has been a Strength and Conditioning Coach for over 8 years. He was initially certified as an IFTA Group Fitness Trainer before earning a Master’s in Physical Education at the University of South Carolina and becoming a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). In 6 years of Coaching at the High School level he has qualified 75 athletes for the State Strength and Conditioning Meet, along with 20 Region Champions, 10 athletes who placed at the State Meet and 1 State Champion. He served as the Head Speed, Strength and Conditioning at White Knoll High School from 2007-2009 and has been the Head Speed, Strength and Conditioning Coach for Richland Northeast High School since 2010. He also serves as a Varsity Assistant Football Coach and B-Team Head Football Coach at RNE. He teaches Health and Physical Education at Blythewood Academy. Stephen has obtained the following national certifications:
- NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) – CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) Since 2007
- SCHSSCA (South Carolina High School Strength Coaches Association) Region 11 Director
- Olympic Weightlifting Certified
- Kettlebell Specialist
Barbara Graham, Aquatic Personal Trainer and Rehabilitation Specialist
In 2007 Barbara joined the JCC due to back and other health problems. After realizing how much the water helped her health problems she wanted to learn more about the properties of water and how she could help others become more fit using the properties of water for protection of their joints. From September 2008 she has earned the following certifications from WaterArt Fitness International, Inc.:
- WaterArt Fundamentals Instructor
- WaterArt Specialized Populations Instructor
- Water Art Weight Management Consultant
- WaterArt Mind and Body Instructor
- WaterArt Personal Training Specialist
- WaterArt Rehabilitation Specialist
- WaterArt Shape Up and Water Train Instructor
Barbara has also earned her WaterArt “Gold” Certification. She instructs various aquatic classes helping participants to evolve to muscle balance that is needed to prevent injuries and improve posture. Her classes include muscle endurance, flexibility, agility, mobility and cardiovascular training. Barbara also works one on one for personalized training helping clients to meet their particular fitness goals. She also works one on one for clients that need more rehabilitation on their particular health need.
You can learn more about Barbara’s fitness journey by visiting her impromptu interview by WaterArt at “Barbara’s Story” on You Tube
Ruth is no stranger to how daunting weight-loss can be. A long story short, through a series of events in her sophomore year of college, she went from 145lbs to being about 200lbs. This caused a much-needed chain of events including Ruth changing her major from chemistry to exercise & sports science and losing 45lbs.
Ruth is a recent graduate of the University of South Carolina where she received her Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sports Science. With her bachelor’s degree, Ruth became a certified exercise physiologist through the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine).
She interned at Spartanburg regional’s cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation program and attended seminars to broaden her understanding of cardiac and pulmonary disease prevention and rehabilitation. She also participated in the Exercise as Medicine program at USC Upstate. During this time, she honed her personal training skills as well as nurtured her passion for exercise as a means to promote total-body health, wellness and functional fitness.
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sport Science
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist
- American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED